CAE Ultra Shifter - BMW “Clubsport" Version
CAE has engineered the best shifter on the market for your BMW. Proven fitment and performance on nearly every E-Code chassis. This shifter has a short and super-precise shift throw, and suitable for 4-, 5- and 6-gear transmissions. (check the CAE products listings for newer E-Code and F-Code chassis)
This Clubsport VERSION is about 70mm less height compared to our 10023BMW and more moderate shift travel makes this shifter the ideal choice for your daily driver.
CAE Ultra Shifter - Optimised for motor sports with the following features:
- Shifter fits to 5 and 6 speed Getrag and ZF transmissions, standard H-pattern or dogleg.
- Short and super-precise shifting travel, exclusively H-pattern.
- The clutch system remains in its original form.
- Racing-style appearance.
- perfect positioning of the shift lever closer to the steering wheel. The shift pattern is confined to approx. 75 x 75 mm.
- Activation of the reverse gear lock via cable reel from the shift lever. An accidental changing to the reverse gear is impossible. The reverse gear is unlocked by pulling up the sliding collar on the shift lever.
- Low weight and high stability: the milled and lathed parts consist of 7075 aluminium alloy; the substructures are made out of millcutted 3 mm thick AlMg3 aluminium. The parts are combined in the WIG welding process and brushed blank for an optimal finish.
- Problem-free shifting of gears under stress or in curves.
- Integrated centre position spring, ensuring perfect feedback when changing columns while shifting up and down.
- Right/left stops and reverse gear stop adjustable separately.
- Complete kit for adaptation to BMW switch rod with all small parts and fastening material.
- The center console only needs to be minimally modified for installation.
Choose your gear lever knob by the following variations:
anodized aluminium in grey, blue, red, silver, orange; or in Plastic (POM) white or black
- optional against extra charge wrapped with grey alcantara and blue or red X-seam
Imported solely for the purpose of demonstrations or training, or competitive racing events. Not intended for public road use.
To complement the CAE Ultra Shifter for your BMW, we also carry the CAE adjustable selector rod (DSSR) for both 5 & 6 speed transmissions (choose the version within the range of your stock selector rod)
X-Short ( XS )
Adjustable from 125 - max 160mm (hole distance)
Suggested Application: E46 M3, ZHP 6-speed
Short ( S )
Adjustable from 160 - max 220 mm (hole distance)
Suggested Application: E36 6 w/ 6-speed swap
Long ( L )
Adjustable from 205 - max 280 mm (hole distance)
Suggested Application: 2002, E21, E30, E24, E28, E36 5-spd, E46 5-spd, E39 M5
|Total height:||approx. 330 mm|
|Total length:||approx. 180 mm|
|Dimensions of base plate:||approx. 150 x 125 mm|
|Shifting travel:||approx. 75 mm|
|Selector travel (transverse direction):||approx. 75 mm|
|Weight (complete):||approx. 1,05 kg|
|Offset of the gear lever knop (back / up):||depending on vehicle type approx. 0 / 100 mm
(SAME PROCEDURE AS THE ORIGINAL BMW SHIFTER)
HARD Motorsport is the Official North American distributor for CAE Ultra Shifters. Imported directly from CAE GmbH in Germany, we are your premier source for all CAE Shifting Technology products.
Imported from Germany.
We are stocking inventory as fast as it can be manufactured and imported.
Delays of 3-6 weeks are possible for special order or out of stock items.
3 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
For clarification this is my first project car and I have no previous car mechanic expiriance, only dirt bikes and quads. Overall I'd say it was worth both the money and time. It took a little for me to figure everything out and then I ran into the plate not allowing the car to shift into 4th, so I had to redo it. The directions could be worded better or easier to find. The other issue I ran into was the dssr directions being confusing for me. One part of the directions saying "OEM LENGHT" other parts saying to match it to whatever you want. So I had to figure out how the whole shifter assembly operates to get the length right. Maybe to 99% of the people buying this, this isn't a problem as they already understand much if there car, but this being one of my first car mods besides my m50 intake manifold and light weight flywheel, it took a little figuring out. Now what really made me forgot all the frustration and troubleshooting was as soon as I could bang through the gears. It out a smile on my face. As I heard from somewhere someone say, it feels like a very precise bolt action rifle, you know every shift that you shifted that thing, and you shifted it perfect. Would recommend anyone wanting a shifter to just get the damn shifter and stop reading the reviews.
I couldn’t be happier with the shifter or the support/communication/delivery of my purchase. I instructions made the shifter easy to install and set up. I have tried 2 other shifter before this one and just couldn’t find one I really liked (especially on the the track) the CAE shifter is the last one I will need. It does everything I want great. Even if you are using it as a everyday shifter but would be fine. It really makes driving and shifting fun. You can not go wrong buying this shifter or with Hard Motorsport
This is the 3rd shifter in this car. The first two were high end shifters that I found to be extremely substandard. The CAE shifter is amazing. Each shift is extremely precise and I doubt I will ever miss another shift. The quality and workmanship is excellent. Expensive but worth every penny. Quality costs.