CAE Ultra Shifter - Porsche 996, 997, Cayman, and Boxster
The CAE Ultra Shifter stands above other H-pattern performance shifters for your Porsche. Optimized for motorsport and characterized by its optimal ergonomics, the Ultra Shifter reduces excessive hand movement during shifts.
This unit features an active centering spring that provides feedback that you can feel. This keeps your shift lever positioned for your most common 3rd/4th gear changes, while pre-positioning the shift lever for precision up/down shifts.
Where the CAE differs from most other aftermarket shifter options is the design of the adjustable centering spring and active lever stops. Other shifters rely on the cable to "limit" the shifter movement. This leads to added stresses on the cable and transmission. During casual driving, this is not an issue and is considered normal wear. However, racing situations leads to far more aggressive shifts. The precision positioning of your shifts reduces wear on your gearbox syncros. The stock resistance-based reverse "lockout" is not 100% reliable to keep a driver from accidentally throwing the car into reverse during a downshift. The CAE features a mechanical reverse lockout to prevent a catastrophic mis-shift.
996 Carrera (4) ; GT3 ; GT3 RS ; GT2 ; Turbo; GT3 CUP
997 Carrera ; GT 3 ; GT3 RS ; GT 2 ; GT2 RS ; Turbo
986 / 987 Boxster / Cayman
- 5-speed boxes (older Cayman & Boxster) The reverse lock out is without function.
For use with the original Porsche gearshift cables (not included in delivery); optionally available with CAE HD gearshift cables (see Drop down menu o accessoires).
- Features brackets for the mounting of the center console for
- Short and super-precise shifting travel, exclusively H-pattern.
- The coupling system remains in its original form.
- Racing-style appearance.
- Characterised by its optimal ergonomics with a focus on motor sports: perfect positioning of the shift lever close to the steering wheel. The shift pattern is confined to approx. 65 x 65 mm.
- Activation of the reverse gear lock via cable reel from the shift lever. An accidental changing to the reverse gear is impossible. The reverse gear is unlocked by pulling up the sliding collar on the shift lever.
- Low weight and high stability: the milled and lathed parts consist of 7075 aluminium alloy; the substructures are made out of laser-cut, 3 mm thick AlMg3 aluminium. The parts are combined in the WIG welding process and brushed blank for an optimal finish.
- Problem-free shifting of gears under stress or in curves.
- Integrated centre position spring, ensuring perfect feedback when changing columns while shifting up and down.
- Right/left stops and reverse gear stop adjustable separately.
- Simple installation through complete conversion kit: All systems are delivered with all small parts, fastening material and detailed installation instructions.
- You can choose anodized aluminum gear lever knob in various colors or in Plastic (POM) white or black.
Total height: approx. 385 mm Total length: approx. 290 mm Dimensions of base plate: approx. 290 x 120 mm Shifting travel: approx. 65 mm Selector travel (transverse direction): approx. 65 mm Weight (complete): approx. 1,45 kg Offset of the gear lever knop (back / up): approx. 40 / 100 mm
OPTIONAL CAE HD CABLE UPGRADE KIT AVAILABLE
Delivery: Shifter pre-assembled, connecting parts for the original gearshift cables (optionally available with CAE HD gearshift cables)
Installation instructions here for download behind the PDF tab
All CAE Ultra Shifters and tuning products are designed exclusively for motor sports and not designed for public road traffic!
Reverse Lock Out will not function on Porsche 5-spd gearboxes
Imported from Germany
The frame between the center console and shift boot have to be slightly modified. Shift boot can't be mounted.
WE RECOMMEND THE CAE CARBON FIBER COVER FOR A PERFECT LOOK