CAE Ultra Shifter - Subaru BRZ and Scion FR-S
CAE Ultra Shifter - Optimized for motor sports with the following features:
- Universal kit for vehicles with 6 speed manual transmissions, standard H-pattern or Dog Leg.
- Short and super-precise shifting travel, exclusively H-pattern.
- The clutch system remains in its original form.
- Racing-style appearance.
- Characterized by its optimal ergonomics with a focus on motor sports: perfect positioning of the shift lever close to the steering wheel. The shift pattern is confined to approx. 65 x 65 mm.
- Activation of the reverse gear lock via cable reel from the shift lever. An accidental changing to the reverse gear is impossible. The reverse gear is unlocked by pulling up the sliding collar on the shift lever.
- Low weight and high stability: the milled and lathed parts consist of 7075 aluminium alloy; the substructures are made out of laser-cut, 3 mm thick AlMg3 aluminium. The parts are combined in the WIG welding process and brushed blank for an optimal finish.
- Problem-free shifting of gears under stress or in curves.
- Integrated center position spring, ensuring perfect feedback when changing columns while shifting up and down.
- Right/left stops and reverse gear stop adjustable separately.
- Complete kit for adaptation stock shift rod with all small parts, fastening material and detailed installation instructions.
- center console have to be slightly modified for installation
- Optionally available in all black anodized (please ask for delivery time)
All shifters with anodized aluminium gear lever knob in the following colors: titanium grey (standard), blue, red, black, silver or orange.
|Total height:||approx. 380 mm|
|Total length:||approx. 225 mm|
|Dimensions of base plate:||approx. 225 x 125 mm|
|Shifting travel:||approx. 65 mm|
|Selector travel (transverse direction):||approx. 65 mm|
|Weight (complete):||approx. 1,05 kg|
|Offset of the gear lever knob (back / up):||depending on vehicle type approx. 30 / 80 mm|
Delivery: Shifter completely assembled, Cover sheet with rubber boot, all screws and small parts, installation instructions
All CAE Ultra Shifters and tuning products are designed exclusively for motor sports and not permitted for public road traffic !
Imported from Germany exclusively by Hard Motorsport, Corp.
We are stocking inventory as fast as it can be manufactured and imported.
Delays of 3-6 weeks are possible for special order or out of stock items.
A really incredible shifter...
Posted by Paul Vincent on 27th Sep 2015
The CAE Ultra Shifter for the GT86 really changes everything about the shift. The stock shifter is pretty good on the 86 compared to your average car, but the CAE Ultra Shifter is a whole different thing, and was exactly what I was looking for. Even though it is fairly precise, the stock shifting mechanism gives a light and somewhat vague feel. The CAE Ultra Shifter is extremely precise and very positive both going into a gear and going into neutral.
I would have given 5 stars but for the fact there is zero documentation that comes with it and you have to make a custom tool to install the stock selector rod pin into the shift lever - the tolerance is so tight there is no way you can do it by hand. The included spacers can be done by hand but are still so incredibly tight fitting you think their ID is too small to fit at first - requires an exactly precise alignment to get it to start and lots of force to slide them down the pin! I've written a CAE Ultra Shifter DIY install tutorial for the FR-S/BRZ that you can find here: http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95288
Once installed though, you'll never go back to stock shifter...such an incredible feel, plus I doubt you could pull the shift rod off the selector rod pin... LOL
I wanted something that was at least as good as the Hurst Competition + shifter unit I had on my Camaro...the CAE Ultra Shifter completely surpasses that and more. It's my absolute favorite mod that has been done to my FR-S so far.