CAE Ultra Shifter - VW Golf 1, Scirocco 1&2 / 020
CAE Ultra Shifter - Optimized for motor sports with the following features:
- Universal kit for all rod gear transmissions of type 020 (original transmission linkage). Conversion to gearshift cable transmission!
- Short and super-precise shifting travel, exclusively H-pattern and suitable for 5- and 6-gear transmissions.
- The coupling system remains in its original form.
- Racing-style appearance.
- Characterized by its optimal ergonomics with a focus on motor sports: perfect positioning of the shift lever close to the steering wheel. The shift pattern is confined to approx. 65 x 65 mm.
- Activation of the reverse gear lock via cable reel from the shift lever. An accidental changing to the reverse gear is impossible. The reverse gear is unlocked by pulling up the sliding collar on the shift lever.
- Low weight and high stability: the milled and lathed parts consist of 7075 aluminium alloy; the substructures are made out of laser-cut, 3 mm thick AlMg3 aluminium. The parts are combined in the WIG welding process and brushed blank for an optimal finish.
- Problem-free shifting of gears under stress or in curves.
- Integrated center position spring, ensuring perfect feedback when changing columns while shifting up and down.
- Right/left stops and reverse gear stop adjustable separately.
- Simple installation through complete conversion kit: All systems are delivered with all small parts, fastening material and detailed installation instructions.
- Shifters is intended for vehicles without interior equipment or without a center console and make use of the mounting points of the original shift lever.
- Optionally available in all black anodized (please ask for delivery period). All shifters with anodized aluminium gear lever knob in the following colors: titanium grey (standard), blue, red, black, silver or orange.
|Total height:||approx. 500 mm|
|Total length:||approx. 220 mm|
|Dimensions of base plate:||approx. 180 x 130 mm|
|Shifting travel:||approx. 65 mm|
|Selector travel (transverse direction):||approx. 65 mm|
|Weight (complete):||approx. 2,3 kg|
|Offset of the gear lever knob (back / up):||approx. 60 / 200 mm|
After the conversion, the gearshift cables run via the tunnel. This requires drilling into the firewall (2 holes).
Delivery: Shifter, CAE HD gearshift cable, aluminium engine base and changed transmission input lever, all screws and small parts, installation instructions
|Installation Manual 10008:|
Installation Manual 10008
Imported from Germany exclusively by Hard Motorsport, Corp.
We are stocking inventory as fast as it can be manufactured and imported.
Delays of 3-6 weeks are possible for special order or out of stock items.
4 out of 5 stars
Posted by Sheridan Lundy on 8th Sep 2017
First off the fabrication and attention to detail is incredible, really gives the car that race look. Zero play, instant response, far surpasses the factory shifter even with new bushings and upgrades. Big price tag but so worth it!
Despite how awesome this is my biggest issue is installation. The cables run through the tunnel in a downward direction near the exhaust, and then up towards the transmission-mounted bracket, this is a terrible idea. A second bellcrank controlling fore-aft movement of the gear selector shaft and shorter cables would fix this. Routing cables through the cabin would be preferred, and far easier to install.
The cables themselves are of high quality, though the sheath is very thick allows very little manipulation positioning / routing.