CAE Ultra Shifter - VW Golf 2 / 020
CAE Ultra Shifter - Optimized for motor sports with the following features:
- Universal kit for VW Golf 2 with original rod style gearbox selection/transmissions of type 020 and original Golf 2 engine mounting. For VW motorsport engine mounting necessary. Please Inquire prior to purchase to coordinate with the manufacturer.
- Converts rod style gearbox selector to cable style transmission!
- Short and super-precise shifting travel, exclusively H-pattern and suitable for 5- and 6-gear transmissions.
- The coupling system remains in its original form.
- Racing-style appearance.
- Characterized by its optimal ergonomics with a focus on motor sports: perfect positioning of the shift lever close to the steering wheel. The shift pattern is confined to approx. 65 x 65 mm.
- Activation of the reverse gear lock via cable reel from the shift lever. An accidental changing to the reverse gear is impossible. The reverse gear is unlocked by pulling up the sliding collar on the shift lever.
- Low weight and high stability: the milled and lathed parts consist of 7075 aluminium alloy; the substructures are made out of laser-cut, 3 mm thick AlMg3 aluminium. The parts are combined in the WIG welding process and brushed blank for an optimal finish.
- Problem-free shifting of gears under stress or in curves.
- Integrated center position spring, ensuring perfect feedback when changing columns while shifting up and down.
- Right/left stops and reverse gear stop adjustable separately.
- Simple installation through complete conversion kit: All systems are delivered with all small parts, fastening material and detailed installation instructions.
- Shifters is intended for vehicles without interior equipment or without a center console and make use of the mounting points of the original shift lever.
- Optionally available in all black anodized. All shifters with anodized aluminium gear lever knob in the following colors: titanium grey (standard), blue, red, black, silver or orange.
- SPECIAL ORDER ONLY: This shifter is not stocked in the US and is built to order. Allow 3-5 weeks for delivery.
|Total height:||approx. 420 mm|
|Total length:||approx. 220 mm|
|Dimensions of base plate:||approx. 230 x 115 mm|
|Shifting travel:||approx. 65 mm|
|Selector travel (transverse direction):||approx. 65 mm|
|Weight (complete):||approx. 2,35 kg|
|Offset of the gear lever knob (back / up):||approx. 60 / 130 mm|
After the conversion, the gearshift cables run via the tunnel. This requires drilling into the firewall (2 holes).
WELDING REQUIRED: Due to specific engine mount no longer available from VW Parts, A cable clamp will be provided to be welded onto the aluminum engine bracket. Instructions also provided to explain further details.
Delivery: Shifter, CAE HD gearshift cable, aluminium engine base and changed transmission input lever, all screws and small parts, installation instructions
Imported from Germany exclusively by Hard Motorsport, Corp.
We are stocking inventory as fast as it can be manufactured and imported.
Delays of 3-6 weeks are possible for special order or out of stock items.